Using TossIf you want to learn how to use Toss to create games, go to the Create Games page.
ReferenceThe Toss Design and Specification reference is an evolving document in which we try to describe the high-level mathematical model of Toss and the main ideas used in the implementation. The document is best viewed as reference.pdf.
Code DocumentationWe generate documentation from code comments using ocamldoc. It gives the most up-to date information on our code, modules and their interfaces.
Scientific Background of TossTo learn more about the mathematical background and the design of Toss, use the following links.
- Compact description of the mathematical model behind Toss and our UCT game playing algorithm can be found in the paper Playing Structure Rewriting Games.
- Complexity of a syntactic fragment of Toss was analyzed in the paper Synthesis for Structure Rewriting Systems.
- Presentation on the mathematics behind Toss was given at IIT Kanpur and can be watched online.
- Shorter presentation focusing on the AI side was given at AGI 2010 and can also be watched online.
- Game playing algorithm currently used in Toss is described in the paper First-Order Logic with Counting for General Game Playing.
- Game learning algorithm recently added to Toss is described in the paper Learning Games from Videos Guided by Descriptive Complexity.