- If you want to develop Toss on
here is a command with a list of packages to install.
sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev m4 libopenmpi-dev xsltproc phantomjs g++
- To develop Toss on
we recommend to install
MacPorts (Xcode required)
and do the following.
sudo port install zlib m4 openmpi-devel libxslt phantomjs
- On other systems you can compile from sources.
Get these programs.
M4, zLib, Open MPI, and optionally xsltproc and phantomjs
- Install OPAM and then do:
opam install menhir; opam install js_of_ocaml; opam install mpi
- This command will checkout the
SVN Repository to the Toss directory.
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/toss/code-0/trunk/Toss Toss
To be able to commit you need an account at SourceForge and the following command to check out.
svn checkout --username=your-sf-username svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/p/toss/code-0/trunk/Toss Toss
- In the Toss directory run make and check that it succeeds. (Complete the preparation steps above first!)
- Visit try.ocamlpro.com to refresh your basic OCaml skills.
- Go through our Mini OCaml Tutorial to see how we organise OCaml code in general.
- In the Toss Code Basics Tutorial you will learn to code basic operations with Toss.
- Create at least one simple game to get started.
- Get acquainted with the Toss documentation.
- Do not forget to read the reference.pdf document.
- When you start looking at the code, you might find the interface documentation handy.
- Skim through the papers and talks about Toss to get an idea where the ideas come from.
Working with the Toss TeamIf you have an idea for Toss, a request, want to become a developer or just want to talk, contact us! Most engaged Toss developers do respond to Toss questions on their private emails every day (see below), but toss-devel is the place we prefer.
- Toss Mailing List: toss-devel [AT] lists.sourceforge.net
- Łukasz Kaiser: lukaszkaiser [AT] gmail.com
- Łukasz Stafiniak: lukstafi [AT] gmail.com